Itinerary For Deschutes Trout Flyfishing Trips
For your Deschutes Trout Flyfishing Trip
Please take the time to read the release waiver. Sign, date and either fax or mail back to us. All guests must sign the waiver prior to trip start date. Craig will have extras on hand in case.
If arriving by plane we would recommend the Redmond Oregon Airport (Robert Field Municipal Airport), Redmond is just minutes from Madras.
- Shuttle service. We will make all shuttle arrangements at the river. You will need to have your car shuttled to the take out. Your car will be on 8 miles of gravel road. Shuttle fee $75.00 per vehicle.
- Pack your luggage as directed below “Things to Bring List?” Your luggage will be repacked into waterproof bags so please follow directions. Excess luggage will be left behind!
- Pack your fishing gear in a separate small boat bag, include fishing gear, wind breaker, rain gear, sun screen, all things you will need during the day. “Rod & Tackle List?” Our guides all have quality fly rods and a good supple of flies however, we do recommend you bring your own rod, reel and a few recommended fly patterns.
- Arrive in Madras the night prior to your scheduled departure. We have listed a number of places in Madras to make your stay more enjoyable. Also, we have listed a few restaurants and dinner houses.
- After breakfast at a restaurant of your choice you will drive to Trout Creek which is the launch point for our trip. You will arrive at 8:30 a.m. Drive time from Madras is 30 minutes.
- Sonny’s Hotel Madras
1539 SW HWY 97, Madras, OR 97741: (541) 475-7217
- Best Western
12 Southwest 4th Street, Madras, OR 97741-1427: (541) 475-6141
- Ding Ho-Chinese Restaurant
36 Southwest I Street, Madras, (541) 475-4610
- Black Bear Restaurant
237 SW 4th Street Madras, (541) 475-6632
Recommended Things To Bring:
- 2 Changes of clothes (combined fishing and camp attire)
- 1 Warm Jacket
- 1 Wind breaker
- 1 Pair of shoes for camp
- 1 Pair strap on sandals
- 1 Set of quality rain gear (pants, coat, and hat)
- Good sleeping bag
- Air matters or small pad (cots are provided)
- Good waders and felt soled wading boots (highly recommended)
- Polarized sun glasses and holder to prevent loss
- Long billed hat
- Grease-less sun screen
- Small flashlight
- personal toilet items
- Camera and film
- Liquor and mix (plastic bottles please)
- Iced down or cold beverages, (We provide one case of assorted soft drinks, water and lemon aid in each boat).
Do not forget your Oregon fishing license.
EXCESS LUGGAGE AND SUITCASES WILL BE LEFT BEHIND. Pack no more than you need for the river trip. We suggest packing cloths in large zip lock bags and then into a duffel bag or stuff sack. Duffel bags will be repacked in special waterproof dry bags.
Sleeping bag and cloths all should fit easily into our waterproof dry bags. All camping equipment tents, cots, chairs and all meals are provided.