Suggested Gear And Tackle Deschutes Steelhead Fishing
Suggested Gear And Tackle
Deschutes Steelhead Fishing
- 1 Changes of clothes (combined fishing and camp attire)
- 1 Warm Jacket
- 1 Wind breaker
- 1 Pair of shoes for camp
- 1 Set of quality rain gear (pants, coat, and hat)
- Good sleeping bag
- Air matters or small pad (cots are provided)
- Good waders and felt soled wading boots (highly recommended)
- Polarized sun glasses and holder to prevent loss
- Long billed hat
- Greaseless sun screen
- Small flashlight
- personal toilet items
- Camera and film
- Liquor and mix (plastic bottles please)
- Iced down or cold beverages.
- Oregon fishing license
- Fly Rods not provided. We recommend a 7 to 9 wt. dry line or 10 ft sink tip. Spay rods 6-8 wt.
- We provide some flies and lures
Duffel bags will be repacked in special waterproof dry bags. EXCESS LUGGAGE AND SUITCASES WILL BE LEFT BEHIND. Pack no more than you need for the river trip.
We suggest packing cloths in large zip lock bags and then into a duffel bag or stuff sack. Sleeping bag and cloths all should fit easily into our waterproof dry bags.
All camping equipment tents, cots, chairs and all meals are provided.